INDIGO Biosciences is a small company experiencing the thrill and challenges of rapid growth. As such, we anticipate the need for sustained, carefully-managed expansion of both our organization and facilities.
We invite skilled, career-motivated, team-oriented individuals seeking to begin or continue to develop their careers as Science, Business, or Sales & Marketing professionals to submit their credentials to our Human Resources Manager.
We especially encourage applications from M.S. and Ph.D. level scientists with demonstrated proficiencies and/or expertise in multiple areas from the list below, or B.S. level scientists with training in the biological sciences AND significant experience(s) in one or more of the following areas:
Qualified persons are invited to forward their resumes and list of references to:
Human Resources Manager, INDIGO Biosciences, Inc.
1981 Pine Hall Rd
State College, PA 16801
Inside Sales / Customer Service Representative
The Inside Sales / Customer Service Representative (CSR) will be the primary interface between customers/prospective customers and INDIGO. In addition, the CSR will help coordinate project management of services and product sales. This position is critical for the success of INDIGO and its sales program.
The CSR will provide excellent customer service and act as the point person for all communications, order taking, RFQs and RFIs. CSR is also responsible for CRM and database development and management. The CSR will handle both in-bound customer service and perform outbound sales functions with email, mail, and telesales activities.
The CSR will also assist in managing projects with both the products and services scientific staff, and may assist the technical services team with technical inquiries and shipping and handling of customer orders.
In addition, the CSR will assist the VP with such sales and marketing duties that may be assigned. The specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Assist the company in researching prospects and potential customers
• Facilitate active communication in the forms of email marketing, newsletter, and other means with current, past, and prospective customers
• Take inbound calls from customers and prospects and facilitate all customer service and sales duties assigned
• Coordinate sales functions including quotations and the customer order system and assist as assigned in order taking, processing, and fulfillment
• Work with distributors and sales representatives to support those outside groups with communication, company and product knowledge, collateral materials, training, and other tasks as assigned
• Make out bound calls to current or prospective customers
• Coordinate order fulfillment and assist the technical staff in project management duties to insure the timely and accurate completion of any and all service projects as assigned to CSR
• Attend trade shows and other sales events as directed by VP of sales
• Provide administrative and clerical support to the VP of Sales and Sales Team as directed
• All other sales duties as may be assigned by INDIGO personnel
In addition, the CSR will perform such duties and tasks as are assigned to help with the implementation of the INDIGO marketing plan to help INDIGO achieve its goals. Marketing activities may include but are not limited to:
• Work with various social media sites to increase the company’s branding and raise awareness of the company and its products
• Develop or collaborate on writing and content for newsletters, sales letters, corporate and brand positioning materials, and website
• Create or collaborate on Press Releases and other media materials
• Research competitors, other companies, industry trends and customers to keep INDIGO a market leader
• Coordinate trade shows to maximize INDIGO exposure
• All other duties assigned by INDIGO personnel
Qualifications and Skills:
• Minimum of a BS in a relevant field or relevant experience. Degrees in biology or the sciences preferred.
• One to three years of sales, marketing or customer service experience
• Marketing and/or sales training in the classroom or practical setting
• Computer literacy and the ability to use the following:
o Microsoft Office including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
o CRM program or cloud based CRM experience desirable
o Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and/or CS2 desirable
o HTML and/or Drupal website design experience desirable
o Peachtree Accounting experience desirable
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to multi-task and work independently on tasks assigned
• Good phone skills and personality
• Self starter who is motivated to exceed goals and expectations
Please submit resume and cover letter, as well as any supporting materials to the following: email@example.com. Put CSR in the subject line. No Phone Calls please! If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted by phone or email.
Business Development / National Account Manager - Western USA
INDIGO Biosciences, Inc. is located within the rolling Appalachian plateau region of central Pennsylvania. This geographic locale offers outdoor enthusiasts immediate access to rugged natural areas that comprise numerous surrounding State and National Forests. Hiking, mountain biking, caving, fly fishing, boating, public hunting, snowmobiling and skiing are all easily accessible to company employees and their families.
In addition, INDIGO Biosciences is located just 2 miles from the heart of downtown State College (resident population of the borough: 38,500) and the Penn State University campus. The 'college atmosphere' of State College contributes high energy and dynamic cultural mix to this modern, moderately-sized community. Area residents and students alike enjoy State College's diverse offerings of performance arts, music, summer and winter festivals, eclectic selection of casual and fine dining venues, and ... of course ... elite "Big 10" college sporting events.